Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, November 8, 2010

I Ate A Bat Today

Dear Mom,

So I might be brief tonight, but we will see. It all depends on the Zone Leaders. We are still stuck in Adom which is in the center of town. We went to get a car for Abuakwa and it was absolute chaos. It was insane! When we first got there I pushed us onto a car going passed our place, but then I learned they were charging 1 cedi, so I said forget it. Big mistake! As we continued to wait more and more people kept coming and no cars to pick them up, so I basically screwed up. The Zone Leaders are still here so we are probably going to go with them and either stay there or take a 5 cedi drop in a taxi. It bad too because Elder Rogers got pushed into a big gutter with a splash. Yummy:(

I'm pretty tired. I played myself out at Bantama today. Elder Pinnell has been transferred to Boulkrum which is just about as far away from Abuakwa you can get in Kumasi. I will still get to see him every Monday though. Our new roomie is named Elder Marsan from Liberia. He is really cool, but kind of quiet. Now that Elder V is gone the apartment is pretty quiet. Oh well, at least I'm sleeping more. After P-day we all walked to Adom and looked around. I didn't even have to come here, but now we're stuck. I think for the next two months it's going to be crazy in town.

I ate a bat today. It was very tough and it was looking at me. Elder Pinnell ate the head like Ozzy Osbourne. He does have dark hair.

Yesterday we watched the Saturday Afternoon and Sunday morning sessions of conference. It was pretty sweet, but four hours is pretty long for most people. At the begining of the second session one guy got up and fast forwarded through the choir, the prayer, and THEN half way through President Eyring's talk. I wanted to get up and smack him but instead, I just walked out and took a breather. My favorites were Dallin H. Oaks, Elder Gong, That dude from the presiding bishopric (who nobody here could understand) and President Monson's talk. The coolest part was that we had 5 investigators who came and sat through the entire thing. One couldn't even understand the English but still, she sat there for the entire 4 hours. I didn't even think she would come. It was a good day for us.

Forget about 2 years. It's 11 months now. At the end of this week we will be half way through November and Christmas will be just around the corner. Yeah its a long time right now, but as soon as it passes your mind will squeeze it all into one memory which didn't seem to take long at all. It's a weird mental thing. I'll be sad to leave this place but let's face it, this work is kicking my butt a little bit. The book of Mormon is the best cure when I'm down. My testimony is the only thing keeping me grounded when the rains start to beat the crap out of me. I am enjoying myself though, lol.

As for the package you can send me anything you like. I like M&Ms. I hear they came out with some pretzel hybrid so maybe if that is still around. I also like Oreo's and Dots. :)

Minerals are Soda. They basically have Coke, Sprite, and Orange Fanta. They also have Malta and Alvaro which is a non-alcoholic malt based beverage with a twist of pear or pineapple.

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to the Zone Leader's Apartment. I love you all!

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment