Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, March 7, 2011

Hey family,

This week has been different in a way. Two times the power was out all night long and I suffered very well. The first night I just about cursed everything in existence and was pissed beyond rational thinking all night long. Last night the power went off at exactly 10:30 (our bed time now) and came on at 6:41. This time I took it a little better. I didn't go to bed because I knew there was no chance for any sleep so I read for a couple hours and wrote some letters. Finally I went to bed and suffered for the rest of the night with really weird dreams about the apocalypse. I guess its a learning experience for me. If I can go a whole night of hot sweaty half sleep without cursing everything, I can go through a lot. It will definitely help me become more Christ-like.

We had some random interviews on Tuesday after district meeting and I was on fire but my stomach wasn't. I actually spent that entire day in the apartment. We talked about how the work is and how I'm doing and how my companion is and how I need to sprint to the finish. It was a sweet interview that I need more often.

Today is transfer news day and we are anticipating a big transfer. There are thirteen new elders coming in and that means a lot of trainers. Four were supposed to go to Ivory Coast but they had to be reassigned because of the war. I really hope that Elder Haderlie stays here in Kojokrom but I can deal with whatever. As the time starts to ware down I just don't care about what I'll have to go through. Well this situation stinks...Its ok I only have five transfers. I hope I don't have to feel that way so that I can really enjoy till the end and not leave the mission before It's over like President Sabey told me.

I wrote you a letter. It's the same old random me so don't be suprized.

Today we had a zone feast. Fried Rice, chicken, and Alvaro. It was fun but boring at the same time. I really hope they bring us more people here in Takoradi cause now that traveling on P-day has basically been canceled, this place is worse then Kumasi. Still, I'm not complaining. I only have 5 transfers left, haha.

I'm pretty tired. I'll let you know what happens with transfers next week. Hopefully there won't be any news!

Elder Harris

When you get up in the morning and the light is hurt your head
The first thing you do when you get up out of bed
Is hit that streets a-runnin' and try to beat the masses
And go get yourself some cheap sunglasses
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

Spied a little thing and I followed her all night
In a funky fine Levis and her sweater's kind of tight
She had a west coast strut that was as sweet as molasses
But what really knocked me out was her cheap sunglasses
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

Now go out and get yourself some big black frames
With the glass so dark they won't even know your name
And the choice is up to you 'cause they come in two classes
Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

Cheap Sunglasses, ZZ TOP

The coolest song ever written...

No comments:

Post a Comment