Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, February 28, 2011

Hey Everybody!

This week has been pretty typical.

I forgot to mention last Monday that we had a zone conference and a new goal was announced. President told us that as he was driving down from Kumasi a little while ago, he mentioned to Sister Sabey that it was getting to the time when we need a new goal. So during the drive he began to ponder about what we could do and what the Lord would want us to do. The idea came pretty quick and he mentioned it to Sister Sabey who said simply that it was impossible. They discussed all the problems that would make this an impossible goal and by the time they were done talking he knew that this would be our goal. We started with baptizing a family, then a family and a future leader, then a family future leader and a referral. Then we had the Elias goal where we served the members for a transfer before we all reactivated a less active and baptized one of their referrals. That was my first goal and it was freaking tough. We then baptized a husband and wife family. After that we did the Football finding goal where we had to baptize someone found during a world cup football match and everyone entered into a covenant not to watch any football during the world cup. Then Elder Rogers came and last week we finished the Baptize a Recent convert referral and send a recent convert to the temple. Now we have 4 months to help one family be sealed in the temple.

Impossible? Yes, for us. But not for God. There is nothing sweeter then the sealing of husband and wife. The best part of these goals is that we have been able to experience everything that a missionary would call 'success'. Real success of course has nothing to do with the number of people we baptize or the position we obtain in the mission. In fact, in being a leader in the mission has nothing to do with the Lord trusting you. People who think this are complete idiots. President's son never was an assistant, zone leader, district leader, or even a trainer during his whole mission. God often calls those who need more help to be leaders. Sorry for venting but it feels good. Anyway even though it's not true success (true success is becoming more Christ-Like), it still is very sweet.

We have some good possibilities for the goal already and we already accomplished half of the goal which is to baptize a person who's family member is a member. Yep we did it with an eleven year old named Rachel. She was super smart and we had her baptized in a week after teaching her. It sucked though cause the guy who dunked her basically drowned her and we had to redo the baptism cause her arm didn't go under. She was so scared to go under but she sucked it up and did it. I felt so bad for her.

Did you like my letter Jeremy? If I remember correctly it wasn't about anything at all. It was just a bunch of random crap, some pictures and the story of Mr.Sprinkles. Sorry for my craziness but I like it.;) For example look to the pictures of what I did for Elder Darrow's girlfriend. He wanted us to send her something for her b-day so I went all out and added confetti, this robot, a stretchy monkey, and a b-day letter that was freaking good.
I tried to get you pictures on a disc but it failed again! It really sucks but there's nothing I can do. I've tried my best.

This week I'll be hitting the big old 17 months mark. I had a dream this week where Elder Lehr, Holmes, Akoki and I were in the Mission President's Office. Instead of President Sabey though it was President Thomas S. Monson. He was like our Dad and we were like small boys climbing all over him and rubbing his hair and stuff. As this was happening I all of a sudden became really really sad about having to leave Ghana. I thought of Sister Yaa, Brother Kennedy, Amos and his family, Emmanuel and his sister Juliet, and Porchia. I hated the idea of leaving them and I began to cry a bit. Everyone started to shuffle out one by one leaving me with the mission president who had morphed into President Hinkley who asked me what was on my mind. I told him and he invited me over to read a scripture with him. Gordon B. Hinkley was about to share his infinite wisdom with me when Elder Lamb bangs on our door and yells, "GOOD MORNING!!!" I had fallen asleep during personal study.

We went on Splits with Elder Akoki this week. It was cool and probably the last chance I'll have to proselyte with my father. All we did all day was talk about Asokwa and what we did there. Sorry for Elder Hadderlie. He goes home in May.

This week we recieved some missionaries from the Ivorian mission. Because of the war there, all the foreign missionaries were reassigned. I'm not sure how many came but I'm sure that would be difficult for them. I couldn't imagine teaching in French for however long then have to turn around and teach in English. It's not easy.

I never wrote that letter and never drew that Robot. I will try harder, I promise. Maybe you'll get a paper with all my messed up, unused thoughts written and drawn on it. You'll love it I promise!

Tell Jeremy to send his stuff already! I may not be in a situation where I can hear it for long.

218 days plus two.

Do you like my new hat?

I love you all!;)

Elder Harris

Won't you take this dance
This dance with me
Spinning
Come on
Dancing
Come on

Won't you take my hand
My hand with me
Dancing
Come on
Singing
Come on

Come on
Come to me
Spinning
Come on
Dancing
Come on

Dancing
Come on
Take off your mask
Singing
Come on
Your mask, kiss me
Spinning

Dancing

Spinning
Kissing
Singing

Come on
Come with me
Spinning
Come on
Dancing
Come on

Kissing
Come on, dance on my heart suit your feet
Come on
Singing
Come on
Dancing
Come on
Singing
Come on

Come on
Come to me
Spinning
Come on
Dancing
Come on
Kissing
Come on
Singing
Come on

Awwwww, come on
Come on
Spinning
Spinning
Spinning
Spinning

Singing
You chocked the joy right out of me
Spinning
Spinning
Spinning
Singing

Singing

Singing
Singing
So joyous my mind make my heart sing

Powdered Wig Machine- Dessert Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment