Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, February 21, 2011

6 months plus 6 weeks to go!

Hey Family!

Today is the twenty-first day of February which marks the final 6 months of Elder Lehr's group which goes home 6 weeks before mine. Our time is coming.

This week has been pretty typical.

So I've decided that you were never meant to have more pictures on a Dvd because I've tried 2 or 3 times to copy and send them but it just won't work with any of the cruddy computers our members have here. I'll keep on trying though and here's some more for now.

I gave an instruction this week based on a talk by Elder Holland called The Tongue of Angels. It was all about staying positive. Elder Holland said something like: There was never a problem that was so bad that whining about it didn't make it worse. It's true about a lot of things especially mission. I've been in both of two positions. The first is when the hot sun is searing down on your head and all you can think to say is it's SOOOOOOOO HOT!!!! The second is when the sun is searing down your head and you thank the lord for every single second you have to do His work. I prefer the second because it just makes you happier! I wish I could feel it all the time but I'm working on it!

I had a dream this week that I was rushing to a Zone Conference, blasting Them Crooked Vultures in my red truck. I pulled into the Burbank mall parking lot where I used to park for work. I was by myself but still a missionary. I was in Burbank but I was still in Ghana. I got out of the truck and as I walked towards the mall I passed by Sister Sabey who was parked where my boss used to park. I was singing the Vultures song as I passed and she asked me if I had been listening to music. I just looked at her and didn't answer. Well Elder? I didn't answer. She then told me that I need to do better and I shook my head and walked off toward the mall, passing the Ap's in their van.

We don't have anybody to teach. It's weird because in Kumasi if you don't have anybody to teach you either contact or do nothing. Here you can actually build relationships with the member and visit them! It's pretty sweet cause when you serve them enough, eventually you are gonna get referrals and more often then not in this country those referrals will be serious. We just got two referrals which hopefully will be sweet. I just hope they speak english but that doesn't matter that much either cause when you have effective ward members, they will actually come out with you to visit the referral and translate the lesson. It's a good deal all around. Blessings for Referrals. Blessings for Members. Blessings for us. Sweet Delio.

Your package was sweet. Everytime someone has said something sweet or funny this week I've said something like, "Haha, that was pretty funny. Here take a stretchy monkey." My plan for the bouncy balls is to take them into the primary and take a sweet video of all hell breaking loose. The candy as always is sweet and now I have a new scent of deodorant! My favorite though was the pictures and I couldn't help but stare at my room. It was so different yet so inviting. I felt like I was being sucked into the picture and I just wanted to be there. Probably not a good thing but the effect went away after a day or so. I liked it a lot though. The red was perfect because that has basically become my favorite color beside maybe blue. I like blue but red can take over in certain moods. I guess It all depends on what I'm going for that day. For Example: Today is Monday. P-Day. Hmmm, I can't decide what color today would be. I guess that's a bad example sorry.

I MISS MUSIC SOOOOOO MUCH. AHHHHH it hurts. The motab you sent me was sweet. I used to have that album but I lost it. It is my favorite cause It's not the same old hymns. I liked the other one too.

I also miss playing the bass and playing with a band. I've been trying to write music my whole mission and so far I have one song that is finished and that is it! I just lack the ability to write a good riff that I like. Once I have the riff I can go off with lyrics. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need James.

I'm gonna write you a letter this week and draw you a sweet robot!

I might go back to Old Navy. I was thinking about working there and at Best Buy (if it works, lol). If i work at Best buy, I guess they like transfers and that would be sweet in Provo. Best buy sounds more appealing but working with Jeremy would be more sweet cause I don't think we could ever be serious. That would be fun. Does he still work in the mornings? He told me he would send me some of his dismusic.

All right I need to Go. I love you all! Keep on trucking on. 6 months plus 6 weeks to go!

Elder Harris
Aka Scatterbrain

I might be wrong
I might be wrong
I could have sworn I saw a light
Coming on

I used to think
I used to think
There is no future left at all
I used to think

Open up, begin again
Let's go down the waterfall
Think about the good times and never look back
Never look back

What would I do?
What would I do?
If I did not have you?

Open up and let me in
Let's go down the waterfall
Have ourselves a good time
It's nothing at all
It's nothing at all
Nothing at all

Cry then begin again
Cry then begin again

I might be Wrong Radiohead

No comments:

Post a Comment