Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, February 14, 2011

Hey Mom!

Today is Valentines Day and for the last time I don't have to worry about it all!

I got your package...Today! You sent it at the perfect time to get to me exactly when it was supposed too. Thank you so much!

That's sweet that Doug is coming down. I guess he already came and it's over now but I hope it was sweet. Tell him yesterday that I say hi.

The picture was of Me and Princess Porchia Gyan Peiterson and the little girl was Princess. They also have another brother named Prince and a smaller sister named Precious. They are sweet people that we visit pretty much everyday. The work we do down here can be considered slow by some but I don't think about it that way. We have a few investigators but not many. Most of what we do involves member and recent converts. I love it. I've never been in an area where the members are so sweet. We have about three investigators who should be progressing. One of them is named Edna. She's a pretty girl with a son who is about 2 years old. When I first got here I didn't think that she cared that much but after a couple lessons in the Book of Mormon, she is progressing small small. She promised to come to church next week so cross your fingers.

We went on splits with Elder Thompson our Zone Leader. It was the first time that I've been in a threesome with two other MT's. Only were we in the MTC together, we were in the same District and class. There was one point where one man was being really stubborn. He couldn't get it through his head that we aren't here to argue the bible with him. Nothing in the Bible will ever disprove or prove that the Book of Mormon is true. We each took turns bearing testimony that that sacred book is true. That it works together with the Bible to teach us the fullness of the Everlasting Gospel. I told him what I know to be true and that my testimony is something that can never be taken from me. We begged him to give it a chance. Give it time and patience. If he could put away his pride and read the book and then ask God if it is true then he too can have the knowledge that it is true. It was a frustrating conversation because he just couldn't get it, but I felt a peace come over me that what we were saying was true and I could never deny it.

Today we watched a documentary of Thomas S. Monson called On the Lord's Errand. It was really cool to see where the prophet came from. He is an extraordinary man and was prepared from the beginning to be the Lord's servant. If I'm ever called in to meet with an apostle or one of the first presidency, I'll know that life is gonna get a whole lot more difficult.

Well as always I'm enjoying myself. I'm gonna take the 40 minute ride back to Kojokrom to open my package. We have family home evening with some young adults tonight in the home of Michael Mensah, one of our ward missionaries. I love you all! Congrats on the tread mill. I think its cool that you can now hike in all the places you could never fly to;) I know sometimes I don't respond to everything but I hope you understand. Oh yeah, the weather here is much more humid but there is a nice breeze you don't get up north. The temperature is about the same though. I hope the rainy season starts soon!

I love you all!
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment