Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, April 11, 2011

Dear Family!

Today we actually got the chance to play Cape Coast and Abura Zones in a football match. We lost 6-5 but it was a good game. The outnumbered us by a lot and they actually have really good strikers. Today may be the last day I saw Elder Asiedu, Sister Awuna, and Sister Isidor. My sister Mt's are dying and it really feels like the beginning of the end. This is the fourth quarter! We're tied and at the end I need to shoot a saving three from half quart. I guess I just need to work hard.

This week I had my final interview with President Sabey. What a crazy thing that is! We talked a lot about my recent changes and how happy he is about Elder Haderlie and I. He says that the change in my from the beginning of my mission is apparent. He said that where I was shallow I have become deep. I don't feel like I've changed that much but I do know that there's still a lot of work to be done. That's why Elder Golden said that the key to humility is exact obedience. The reason being that we can never do it! We can never say there's no more I can do. There's no more work to be done. I told him that for the first time in my life I have hope for the future. I have hope of exaltation. At that he told me a story. He and Sister Sabey attended a Fireside years ago where Elder Bruce R. Mckonkie spoke. He had been invited to speak on some topic but when he got up to speak he thanked the people who invited him and said that he had prepared a talk on that subject but during the opening hymn the spirit commanded him to change the topic. Then he said, "So, if the spirit will guide, I will continue." He went on and spoke about Eternal Marriage and in the course of that, he said that we don't need to worry and fret over the fact that we are not perfect. God never intended us to be perfect! There will be an entire host of teachings and learning that will be done in the spirit world that we can't even comprehend right now. If we plant our feet now and decide to follow the Savior with full purpose of heart we will achieve exaltation, regardless of our weaknesses. President Sabey couldn't tell me how many people filled the Provo Mariot Center but there was a collective sight of relief. What a wonderful insight we have! What a wonderful knowledge to know that what we are doing is what God would have us do! What a relief and what hope that it brings. I am happy! Happy for real, in a way that I could never have ever imagined before I came on my mission. There is still a lot of work to be done, but I feel like I'm on my way. I expressed to President Sabey my love for him and how his teachings have changed my life and he took my hand and said I love you. Then it was over and I'll only get to see President Sabey a few more times before he leaves in July. I'll miss him a lot.

Eba is a wonderful dish. It's called the celestial food by most African's, especially Nigerians. I can't think of something with more protein then peanut butter soup with chicken in it! OK maybe I don't love it that much. It's all I've been eating for the past few day's. I run out of money so fast and it really scares me for when I plan to live in Utah. How the heck will I survive??? I thought that for the first time last night, but it's really what I want to do. If you want to look at another School you can look at the LDS Business college in Salt Lake. That sounds like the best plan to me since I could carpool with Elder Lehr from Provo twice a week and I could be working the rest of the time. To tell you the truth, I don't even know what to look for when researching schools. Haha, just look for me! Use the spirit. I'm looking for general eds. The Problem is the fact that UVU makes you pay out of state tuition and that's why LDS business college would be sweet since I have no money!;) I could go there for a year or I could get a degree or something and transfer to BYU or UVU or wherever I wanted. I don't know. I don't really think about this stuff too much. Now I'm rambling.

The Elders in your ward sound sweet. Are they in a threesome? Has he learned English yet? Those guys have it really tough. Maybe not food wise, or living wise, or anything like that, but the work there is hard! I am so freaking lucky to be in a mission where I can go months without being rejected. People aren't serious that's true but nobody will throw the door in your face. If they have a door that is. Send them my greetings and my love. Go with the flow my dear brothers! Enjoy your mission;)

Jeremy's been sick huh? Sorry for him! Give him a kiss on the forehead for me and run your hand through his beautiful locks.

We're into Isaiah now and I'm actually enjoying it a lot. I can't say I remember a lot of it but the language is powerful and direct. It's understandable most of the time. There's also sweet prophecies of the Savior that I didn't know about. I pay extra attention to the chapters quoted in the Book of Mormon. If Elder Haderlie and I are still together next transfer we are gonna read the New Testaments.

I bought the entire season of Band of Brothers for two cedis last week. Are there any other things I should look for?

Well nothing else is happening really. We started contacting small small but the experience isn't really enjoyable or effective. Pray for us please since the mission is having some troubles. We need a lot of help from the Lord if we are going to accomplish this goal. Prepare for my coming for behold, I come quickly.

Love Elder Harris
ZOOMLION/WHITE TIGER

No comments:

Post a Comment