Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Last Email

My dear mother,

Dad's email came first and now the emotion is wearing off and I feel more normal now. First, I don't know why but the lyrics you left me got me so excited. I know its bad to say but Elder Buah loved that song in Achiese! Especially when they say is that you choking? or are you just joking and they make choking noises. He used to play along on my guitar. I miss him. He went home about five weeks ago.

Well this is it. Yesterday, Elder Haderlie came to do interviews in Kojokrom ward. It was his last day to see most of the members there. He will spend this week mostly in Sofokrom. Eric was sick so he couldn't come to church. You can imagine how anxious I was waiting for him during the entire Sacrament meeting before I could talk to Porchia. I kept saying to my self that he would have to wait to be baptized. I got really happy when I found out he was at home puking his guts out with malaria! I was like yes! He can be baptized. I sent the quorum president to his house to bless him and we went to interview him later. He looked tired last night but I ran into him today in town and he looked perfectly normal. The baptism is all set with the total number being four. Eric, Ebenezer, Belinda, and Veronica. Eric is the only one who is above the age of twelve. Two more young kids are preparing for the fifteenth if October. Others may be ready as they continue to progress as well. That would put the baptism number at seven and the goal for Kojokrom by the end of the year is fifteen. They are being taught by the mission president and the stake president about how ward mission plans are supposed to work. Their goals will only be accomplished as the member are willing to commit and bring referrals for us to teach. It's crazy that I will be on the other side of that now.

Last Monday we went to a family home evening with a certain member and he invited a local government guy to join us. Well, apparently he didn't have much time to prepare because he walked into the small room completely drunk. As you probably know, politicians like to talk and Ghanaian politicians are worse. Our brother tried to start a discussion on what we all learned at Stake Conference last Sunday and since he wasn't there the guy seemed somehow angry and kept saying that our brother wasn't serious. He ruined the whole night and I didn't know whether I should laugh or be angry. I just decided to be fairly entertained.

Next time we communicate I'll either be in LA or we will be in the Spirit World. I'm not too big on flying. Last time I kept thinking that we could blow up or crash in the ocean or something. The worst part was that woman with the food cart who would smash your shoulder if you happened to fall asleep. The guys on the other side got the sweet woman who had a son on a mission. We got the angry woman. I wrote this the other day:

Absence of feeling as the plane goes down
Everyone's screaming but you hear no sound
Miles away but your still around
How long till we all hit the ground?

Enter the light
There's millions of people
Everybody here knows your name

Calling you out
They crowd around you
They all want to welcome you home

Wearing all white
Everything's perfect
More perfect then you ever have known

AHHHHHHHH
Millions of people
Ohhhhhhhhhh
Ahhhhhhhhhh
Beautiful people
Ohhhhhhhhhh

Sorry I'm just teasing. I know you'll probably be worried sick that day! Don't worry air travel is very safe and even though Elder Lehr's plane didn't blow up the odds are still very low. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a very bad joke, knock on wood.

Well you know how I feel about coming home if you read Dad's email. It's not easy. It's so hard to do but I know I have no choice and I must go where God would have me. I will meet many of my friends again someday. It is a good motivation to work hard and be a good boy. I'll be writing and emailing as well.

Well I don't have much more to say. I love you very much. My size for the G's is S for the shirt and SS for the pants. Yeah I'm a small boy. You can get the Drylux t-shirt one's just like the ones I have now. If I need differents, I can get them in the future. As for food, I don't care much, lol. I'm being forced to wear my suit home so don't laugh at the fact that my pants don't match it at all anymore. I hope my shoes make it to the end. If you don't want me to cut my hair I won't. I will be ridiculed since I already committed to shaving my hair but I don't really care that much. It just needs to be cut cause I look like an idiot.

All right this is the last time:

Love Elder Harris
AKA ZOOMLION/ WHITE TIGER
Dagger Todd
Koffi Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment