Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, September 12, 2011

Hello,

Well I'm on my way out now and P-day has been killed. Now we can only have activities with the Zone every two weeks and we have to stay in our area during the other weeks. We can come to town if we want to pay the transportation fees. As I told my companion that I would like to go anyway even if I had to pay for him and me, he asked me why? You only have four weeks left. I thought for a second and agreed with him. If I had more time on my mission it would be worth it coming to Takoradi but I'm not going to force my companion to come with only some small small time left. Elder Haderlie is stubborn though so I had him come and do my dirty work. As for me I stayed in the apartment and super cleaned our kitchen and I've been on a crusade to keep it clean ever since. I went as far as scrubbing the walls with bleach. As long as I'm here the apartment will be a house of prayer, a house of learning, and a house of order. In short, a house of God. Hopefully it will be a habit I can keep for the rest of my life.

Today we played football with a bunch of member kids. We played full pitch with only 14 people total. Normally there's 22 so we had to do a lot of running but it was fun. It was my last football on mission. I'll never have the chance to see my son in Cape Coast, unless he comes to see me at the mission home. Not sure if that's possible but it would be sweet. I'm preparing myself for the end and I've bought a few things. Don't be too excited though because I have tried hard not to be a tourist and I haven't bought too much. Just some things I thought were pretty cool.

The weather has taken a turn. The skies are clearing up and the sun is shining. I spent a whole month putting on sun screen every day even though it was cloudy all the time and on the day I forgot to put it on the sun came out. I was terribly fried on Saturday, mostly on my poor nose. Ironic huh??

We had an investigator that we contacted come to church yesterday. The total number of investigators at church was five and we were excited. Our baptism will be held on the first of October and will include five people. Four are under 15 years old but that's still cool. Eric will be baptized as well. One by one we will bring Porcha's family into the church. We'll be working on one or two others who might be ready as well but it will be hard for them to come to church next week since it is Stake Conference in Takoradi. It will be a good way to wrap up the mission experience.

I bore my final testimony at zone conference a couple weeks ago. It felt really weird and I kept thinking about one Elder who left after my first transfer. He always told me to enjoy my mission. Hey time flies. They announced my leaving in priesthood meeting last Sunday and they also announced that I would teach all the priesthood on my last Sunday. Whoopie?

I thought of a birthday present if you really want to get me one. The best thing you can get for me will be a weeks worth of garments and some temple clothes. I'm going to burn all the ones I have except what I need for the plane ride. I hope you guys will come to the temple with me!

Well I don't know if I will be able to email next week but you should still email because Elder Haderlie will take pictures of them to bring to me. I got an email with pics from Elder Lehr and that guy is enjoying! I miss him a ton. Elder Pinnell is still down for January so that is still the plan. I can't wait to be at that Foo Fighters concert, lol.

I love you all!
Elder Harris
ZOOMLION/WHITE TIGER
Dagger Todd

Don't look too closely
You know I might disappear
It's not that I don't mind
In fact I do it's a fear

I came in through the outdoor
Against the masses I enter the light

My mind is up in the clouds
Seasons come and go
Seasons come and go

My mind is up in the clouds
Seasons come and go
Seasons come and go

In the sun I come undone
Spinning circles we have fun
In the sun I come undone
Spinning circles we have fun

If I go wrong, please, please just give me time
(I might come back)
Ripples and shakes, Ripples and shakes
Blank Eyes, Overdrive

I came in through the outdoor
Against the masses I enter the light

My grey world
My grey world

My Grey World- Drew Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment