Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, July 12, 2010

Dear Family,

It took 30 minutes to load up the site today. Man I miss the cafe in
Kumasi! It was right in the stadium and the internet was faster then
the one we had at home. Oh well, I'm in the jungle now so I should be
happy I even have internet!

Kory is home which is just feels ridiculous. It has now been a year
since I opened up my mission call. I'll never forget because it was
the same day Michael Jackson died. More then one person's prayers were
answered that day...(bad joke, sorry) Anyways it sounds like he had it
WAY rougher then I've got it right now. I had malaria last week, big
deal! I wish I could learn languages like he can too! What language
did he speak? Is there more then one in Cambodia? I have to assume
there is. We have at least 4 major dialects in our mission alone. The
only language I was ever good at was ASL and I've forgotten most of it
cause I don't know any deaf people! I still might want to do that for
a career but we'll see.

ANYWAYS, The World Cup ended last night with Spain as the victors.
Nobody really cared. We spent the night searching for more people for
the goal. It felt weird since it was our last opportunity to find
people. I'm nervous about this one. We really don't have a whole lot
of people. The hardest part was finding places Elder Buah hasn't been.
This village is so tiny. Our goal will probably be complete by this
week but I'm really afraid for transfers. The Lord will provide as He
has done so often in the past. It just amazes me sometimes.

We had a huge combined Zone Conference this week. Everybody but Kumasi
was there and it was really cool to see everybody again. I don't think
that there's a closer 4 people then the original Asokwa Elder's.
Elder Adjeifio only has 4 more transfers until he dies! President
Sabey's son Tyler just finished his mission in Argentina so he gave a
talk. It was pretty sweet. I'm not sure if he has even been home yet!
Elder Dunford and others gave their farewell testimonies. Elder
Dunford gave a talk about sacrifice and how pointless it is to give a
sacrifice that isn't from the heart. I really wish I could teach like
him. Elder Mason is also going home which is crazy cause he was on the
bus with us on the way from Accra to Kumasi. He was my zone leader for
7 and a half months. GO HOME, get out of here! I'm just waiting for
Akoki to leave then I'm out of here;) It was by far the best Zone
Conference I've been to.

I miss Murphy.

Brother Amos came to church today with a tie on. I laughed because
just a few weeks ago he wasn't coming to church and he said he would
NEVER wear a tie. It's too much like a rope around the neck. Now's
he's getting baptized with his son on Saturday and we are trying to
work out the baptism of his wife. Their other son is also coming to
church. That makes me happy! lol

We had a small fire in our kitchen this week. One of the electrical
outlets blew up burned up the wall. Luckily we were still around or
else we probably would have lost the kitchen. It's all fixed now so
there's no worries.

I forgot to mention the family goal. It was completed last Sunday with
Elder Jeppesen. What I didn't know was that with four weeks to go 33
missionaries still hadn't baptized their family. With three weeks to
go 33 missionaries still needed a family. If you were to ask anyone
who is familiar with missionary work if 33 missionaries could baptize
a husband and a wife at the same time in three weeks, they would
probably tell you it is impossible. The Lord provided though and we
completed it. I'm extremely grateful for the Lords help in completing
their goals. If I'm learning anything on mission it is that NOTHING is
impossible with the Lord.

I'm sorry I have to run. Hopefully I'll write more next week. I'm
sending your pictures today so be excited! I love you all and miss
you!

No comments:

Post a Comment