Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, July 5, 2010

Dear Family,

Today is Monday. We got to hang out and play football with Abura Zone. We got killed but I actually didn't play too bad today. Nobody is faster then me that is sure and I'm the only one willing to sacrifice everything to get to the ball. Its funny cause when I'm running I still here my Dad yelling HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE in my head. It's pretty sweet cause we get to hang out with Akoki and Adjeifio more often. President's son played with us. He just finished his mission in Argentina (sorry, they were just eliminated) and he's visiting for a few weeks. I'm not sure if he's even been home yet.

So I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this woman named Esther in Kumasi. She was found by Akoki and White months before I came and we were still working on her when I left. Well, SHE'S GETTING BAPTIZED!!! I don't think I've ever been more suprized on my whole mission. This woman was NOT anywhere near baptism. She was a liar and never came to church. But now, she has finally come to church. I'm just afraid that she will fall away but I'm sure the Elders there know what they are doing. Elder Ekaette told me watch, after you leave she will be baptized. I laughed at him then.

This week we committed Brother Amos for baptism. To our suprize he and his wife with their children came to church. I've never seen her before but Elder Buah says they used to teach her. Their son Vincent is super smart and will be baptized with his father on the 17th. This will wrap up the football goal for Elder Buah and I. Now I'm only afraid for transfers.

Transfers came this week and nobody in Achiese is moving. There are plenty of changes in Foso and Praso though. Poor Elder Stats was complaining about his area and was begging President to move him and now he's training in UST. That's why I told Briana that she should never even ask for a new area cause you'll get screwed. The Lord likes to make you realize that your situation really wasn't that bad. So I'm with Elder Buah for one more transfer at least and I'm pretty sure he will leave. At the end of this transfer he will be 9 months in the village. That's a really long long time!

Well some small sickness has hit the apartment and Elder Buah and I were down for most of this week. Don't worry it was nothing big. We are all fine now. We really didn't do anything this week at all! Ghana lost to Uruaguay which was really sad. Nobody was dancing outside our house this time. Still they did do pretty well for an African nation. Now I'm rooting for Spain or the Netherlands but I don't really care all that much anymore. We only have some small time left to contact so we need to work hard. President put it a good way today: We need to be in a position where we know we tried our hardest. Even though we pretty much have our goal finished, you never know what could happen!

As for the family goal, the deadline was yesterday. Every missionary in the Ghana Cape Coast Mission was able to baptise a Husband and Wife family. ALL OF THEM! THAT IS AMAZING!! Now I don't say that to boast. What I'm pointing out is what the Lord can do when he commands and we obey. He has done so much for this mission that I can not even begin to describe it all. I am extremely gratefull to Him that I have had the opportunity to be part of such mighty miracles!

Well I'm looking forward to our Zone Conference this Wednesday. Four zones are meeting together which is something that rarely happens. I'm both excited and nervous to see what happens.

Independence Day sounds like it was fun if not very exciting. Are you guys not going to have your reunion thing anymore? Say hello back to the Morrison's for me. If you see them I guess:) I love the Hollywood Bowl. I got to see the Police, The Who, and Radiohead there. Radiohead was the best one only because the crowd wasn't old. The Police pretty much changed what kind of music I was into for the next year and even now. What's wrong with the pot smoking? You should have been at the Radiohead concert! There was one guy yelling ACID ACID ACID. I killed him.

Sorry for the band thing. That's what happens when you only get ONE song. Sometimes you just need to get warmed up and that takes a little time. Playing on your guitar with no amp in the back just doesn't cut it. Oh well. At least you have an opportunity to be on stage still! Oh my day will come again.

So I'm in Cape today. Hopefully next week I'll mail those pictures! Yes you should be excited. I just hope the DVDs work. Maybe I'll get a chance to test them at the church this week. They got this nice new computer for records and stuff that nobody knows how to use. These villagers expect the missionaries to do everything but I refuse. I won't do anything I know they are perfectly capable of learning themselves. I'll help them out from time to time but I won't become the assistant clerk. It's not my duty.

Well I wrote a lot letters this week. They all went out today so be excited! Briana leave's this week so I sent one to Matt and the family. Hopefully it gets there!

All right, thats all I have this week. I love you all!

Love, Elder Harris

Ps. Jordan's a stud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment