Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, September 27, 2010

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Well, since it has been such a long time, my email will probably be really long. Today is P-Day and P-Day is always awesome. It's extra sweet because we didn't have to go to town since we went on Thursday. We went to Bantama for the first time in 4 and a half months. It rained so we just hung out for a while. It was pretty fun.

Not much has happened since we last talked. Agykum, a recent convert has been showing us some of the people the older Elders were teaching. We are now preparing like 3 people for baptism and we are preparing someone for our new goal. I don't know if I mentioned the new goal but it is a tough one. By the end of February every missionary (now i'm feeling like i've told you this already) need to baptize a referral from a recent convert and then help a recent convert prepare names and go to the temple in Accra. Yeah its a way difficult goal but it's already set up for us in this area.

So we've only taught one lesson so far but it was cool. Elder Rogers is going to be just fine. I let him take some of the questions and he did a good job. I told him that all he has to do is tell them what he knows. The cool thing is that as time goes on he will know more and more and he will become a great teacher and a great missionary. We haven't gotten lost yet but I'm sure it will come. I can find my way anywhere (I call it my gift) so we don't have to worry too much. Sunday was sweet. We both got up to bear our testimonies and even though he was a little nervous, Elder Rogers did a great job. Sure he talked too fast but that will go away with time and practice. Then he will sound just as ridiculous as the rest of us;)

Elder Vancherie and I are a match made in heaven. We are just on the same page. We are perfecting the art of making fake mustaches out of the hair we cut off missionaries' heads. It is gross but way awesome at the same time. We are going to pay a recent convert to paint a painting of the four of us as mythical creatures (half man half animal). I'm planning on being a fish with a trident. Either that or a white tiger of course. We are going to hang it in our boring dining room. We pretty much just feed off each other.

I can't remember the weirdest thing I ever ate. Maybe pig's feet. Or chicken feet. Fu-fu is sweet but weird. Elder Rogers is already sick of the same crap we eat everyday. He'll get used to rice, egg sandwiches, indomie, chicken and rice, jollof (which is rice), and oats. I don't care. I just like to get full.

All right I'm finished for today. I'm feeling good and ready to go. My hump day is this week. One year ago I was giving my farewell talk and hanging out with friends. That day was a day of hard goodbyes but time has flown since then. Prepare the way for me because I am coming. And behold, I come quickly.

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment