Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, December 13, 2010

Dear Family,

Today we have transfer news but we don't know anything yet. Elder Wright is now the new assistant to President Sabey. That's crazy because he is Elder Lehr's mt. Our time is coming. Sometimes its too fast sometimes its too slow.

Well we just got transfer news. My apartment is staying the same and Elder Lehr will still be in Bantama with his companion. Elder Kamara is going now and Elder Christianson is replacing him... We still don't know about Elder Holmes' apartment. If that guy goes I'll be really mad. Well I'm not so happy right now, haha.

Today we had a fu-fu party with the zone. Sunyani came down to join us and we had a whole lot of fun. They opened up a new apartment up there and two here in Kumasi. I still don't know too much about who is here now.

Yesterday wasn't as great as last week. Out of the 6 or 7 investigators we were expecting, only 2 came to church. We had an important discussion with Sister Jennifer about what she needs to do and what she now believes. She told us that she thinks the church is true but it will take time to leave her church and come to ours. I wasn't satisfied with a some day I will come answer so I had her set specific goals for her progression. We gave her a month to clean up her affairs in her church and after that she can start preparing for baptism. This seemed to satisfy her but I'm scared she is just trying to tell us what we want to hear. It was apparent from our discussion that she understands very well Ephesians 4:5 which tells us that there is only one Lord, one faith, and one baptism. We will continue praying for her and helping the best we can. Emmanuel Ade seems to be progressing but he didn't come to church which is depressing to me. The two who did come were Brother John, and Frank. Both are referrals from a recent convert named Solomon. John wants to be baptized and we had to tell him that there are some steps that need to be taken. We'll teach him the restoration, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and some of the commandments. I don't plan on rushing anything with him. We had to meet with his mother and others in his family to dispel some nasty rumors about the church. We just sat there and answered question after question. I have great hope for him and for Frank, as well as a few others.

Thanks so much for the package again. Everything was sweet especially the camera. I'll try to send you the pics from the old camera but the CD I burned was lost and our guy who does it for us had his laptop stolen. Big bummer:( The new one is really sweet. I'm trying to save the other stuff for the days before Christmas but its not easy. Oreo's are now my favorite cookie:)

So Elder Rogers and I will be together at least one more transfer which is cool. I love the guy a lot. Looking over at his computer, he seems to have a lot more to say about this week then I do. I'm in a weird haze right now with transfers and all. I'm lacking in the sleep department also so if you want more info you can refer to his blog, haha.

Tony is now a full on member of the church. We weren't able to see him once this week and he still came to church! He is so awesome because he was just a random contact when we were looking for his brother. We are also teaching their friend across the street named Michael. He probably would have come to church but he traveled to Accra. We hope he will come back soon. You just never know with Accra. My second ever contact name Priscilla in Asokwa disappeared to Accra and never came back. At least she didn't tell us she did. Michael seems pretty solid though.

We have faced a problem in the branch since Elder Vanchiere left us. The membership is steadily dropping and I can't see any reason why. Of course all the blame gets put on the missionaries. When some try to come to us with the blame, I turn it around on them and ask well, how many times have you gone home teaching? Sometimes they just tick me off. I've been working my butt off here with the new people I'm trying to bring in. They need to get off their butts and do what the Lord has told them to do. We as the missionaries are trying but we can't keep the branch together. That's the responsibility of the members not us.

Well I'm sorry this is so short but I'm pretty tired. I love you all very much!

Elder Harris

Put your hands on the wheel

Let the golden age begin

Let the window down

Feel the moonlight on your skin

Let the desert wind

Cool your aching head

Let the weight of the world

Drift away instead

Oh These day I barely get by

I dont even try

Its a treacherous road

With a desolated view

Theres distant lights

But here theyre far and few

And the sun dont shine

Even when its day

You gotta drive all night

Just to feel like youre ok

These days I barely get by

I dont even try


BECK-The Golden Age


No comments:

Post a Comment