Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, May 30, 2011

Hello Family,

I took this medication and I've been feeling a lot more healthy then I was before. I eat our pancakes now without difficulty and I'm hungry more often. No more just going to bed because I don't feel like dinner. I'm trying to vary my diet a little bit too but that is difficult here. Spaghetti, Rice, Kenke, pancakes and occasional fu fu.

Yesterday was a sweet Sunday for us. We got up and went to church at 8:00 am and Porcha gave her first talk in Sacrament meeting. We taught her this week and I told her she is not allowed to read from Gospel Principles like everybody else. We showed her all the references in the scriptures she could use and left her to write her talk. She did great even though she was nervous. She read her entire talk but didn't use Gospel Principles at all. It was about God the Father and she sort of gave it to people for hollow worshiping or basically just going through the motions. She said that we need to serve God because we love Him. Porcha is also making more friends since we kicked her out of the investigator's class and she now goes to Young Women. In the evening we stopped by the chapel and she and the other young men and women were preparing for a play they will perform at midweek. She could act very well and everyone was having a fun time. I'm happy because I felt for a while that she was too close to us and wasn't making friends. Now she is a part of the Ward family and I know they will keep her around.

We also went to eat Fu Fu at a member's place with Elder Chime, Elder Fawole, Elder Grant, and Elder Bassey. Elder Chime, my former Zone Leader (he's been released since then), is going home today along with Elder Akoki. I called Elder Akoki last night and he told me to guess where he was. He was in Asokwa, near the big Pentecost House, ten or so minutes from the Asokwa apartment. We walked there everyday and the final place he proselyted was where he walked on the first day of his mission. I'm going to miss that Chioa guy!

Today is Transfer day and there should be a lot of changes. 17 new Elders and Sisters are coming into the mission this week and they all need to be trained, plus Elder Chime and Elder Akwori are going home. That means that there will be at least two new missionaries in our district and Elder Haderlie and Elder Bassey have been in the area for a long time. Both of them could easily go. The sucky part is that we just don't know what's going to happen! Transfer day is all about waiting. Today we had a zone breakfast at Sekondie chapel and ate Pancakes and French toast. Then we just sat around for about an hour before Elder Newbold and I started looking for chalk. There wasn't any chalk so we headed downstairs and found a big white board on wheels. We carried it up the stairs and we played hangman for about 4 or 5 hours. And we're still waiting!!

I sent you a bunch of pictures and videos today. This will probably be the last one so enjoy it!

That is so weird that the Palilla kid is leaving on his mission. I still see him as the small boy I used to know. Well he is a small boy still but not for long. You do a lot of growing on you mission. Missions can take it out of you and if you don't grow up here I don't know where you will. Jeffrey R. Holland told us to never forget about what we give a lot of lip service too. That is that we have the potential to become like God and if we don't get a huge step towards that goal on our mission, he doesn't know where we will.

Well I'm running out of time. I love you very much! I still haven't received the package but maybe it will come this week. I also sent you a letter Mom!

Love Elder Harris
ZOOMLION/WHITE TIGER

No comments:

Post a Comment