Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, June 13, 2011

Email dated 6/6/11

Dear Family,

Greetings to you in Zion. I love you all and miss you very much.

Today we fried ourselves in the sun playing small pitch football at the Stake Center. I'm feeling pretty good but I'm tired since our power was out all night again. The transfer last week was a really big one. Elder Haderlie and I are amazingly still together but Elder Akwori and Elder Chime went home. Elder Akwori was replaced in our apartment by Elder Baron a cool cat from Atlanta and Elder Chime was replaced with Elder Stats a fly fellow from Utah. Elder Bassey was transferred to Mankesem and was replaced by Elder Bentum a Ghanaian. Elder Reid is training; Elder Nelson is training; Elder Buah is now with this cool French Guy. Elder Lehr got transferred back to Asokwa! AHAHAHAHAH! Sorry for him even though I kind of envy him. He went up to basically train the new couples to know Kumasi. There's no one better to do that except maybe myself. My son Elder Rogers is training and Elder Jaggi is too. I'm a grandfather! Elder Akoki died and went home to his war torn city. He emailed me today and said a lot of things are different and life is hard but he's still going to try returning to Ghana around August so I can see him one more time. I hope he is able to. They made Sunyani a Zone which now has 12 Elders plus the couples working there. Elder Vancherie is also training. Big transfer with 17 new missionaries that need to be trained. The next transfer will include 16 more new missionaries and I recieved a phone call from President Sabey basically telling me that I will either train or receive an assignment as a leader. Great!! Thank you? Anyways this will also be President Sabey's final six weeks and the next transfers will be conducted by the new mission president. This is the beginning of the end and we are still working hard.

I don't have much to report. On Saturday we recieved news that our sure backup for the goal failed and that Brother Akon probably won't be able to go to the temple this coming Friday. We spent all yesterday searching for other options and we found one in Sofokrom who will probably work out in the next couple of weeks. We also got President Sabey working on the Akon thing and in the end we learned that he will probably go to be sealed to his wife this Friday. We are praying very hard and I feel like we are doing the best we can so I know the Lord will help us through. Yesterday was a stressful day for us.

I want you to know that I ate pancakes this morning with Bacon Spam! Oh yeah! I got your package this week! Thank you so much. I loved the shampoo stuff you sent. I haven't felt so clean in so long! My skin felt so soft! The Proactive was sweet too and I've been using twice a day for a few days now.

I've included the picture of a cat's legs and feet with the tail also. I would have included the chopped off head but I don't have the picture. This is the cat that Elder Haderlie ate. I haven't eaten one yet but if the opportunity came along I wouldn't pass it up.

The most fun I had this week was when Elder Haderlie got a rubber snake. Africans are so afraid of snakes and we have had fun filming our members freak out when a random snake gets tossed at them. Helena screamed like four times and thought it was real for a few days after.

Well I'm finished now. I hope you like the pictures. Have fun in Utah! Don't forget about my school!

I love you all
Elder Harris

There's a gap in between
There's a gap in between
Where I end and you begin

I'm sorry for us
The dinosaurs roam the Earth
The sky grows green
Where I end and you begin

I am up in the clouds
I am up in the clouds
And I can't and I can't come down

I can't watch and not take part
Where you end and where I start
Where you left me alone
You left me alone

X'll mark the place
Like the parting of the waves
Like a house falling in the sea
In the sea

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive

There'll be no more lies
There'll be no more lies
There'll be no more lies
There'll be no more lies

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive

No comments:

Post a Comment