Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, July 11, 2011

ANOTHER SON

Dear Family,

So there's not much to write about really. I was out most of the week with a bad cough/flu thing that destroyed me. I was the worst on Monday when I wrote you and I'm sure it showed up in the email. I felt terrible.

Today we killed Elder Baron who just left for the Mission Home. He came to be with Elder Agama for the last 6 weeks of his mission. He was a way cool guy and this whole week has been so slow because he was going home and I was sick. Now he's gone and I can start steamrolling the weeks. We are still waiting for the call. Elder Thompson just got sent to Kumasi to be with Elder Hernandez so we will get a new Zone Leader. Sorry for that guy. I'll let you know when it happens.

So we finally met President and Sister Shultz. They are a little bit different then I pictured thankfully. They have a quirkiness that I like and they are on FIRE! I would like to see them after three years though. The Sabey's were really ready to go. Especially Sister Sabey. I can't blame them. They had some interviews where we took turns being interviewed by both President and Sister Shultz separately. It was sweet.

Still waiting for the phone call. I guess Elder Thompson won't be with Elder Hernandez after all. Sorry for him. Hernandez is a freaking funny guy. I guess he'll still be in Kumasi with Elder Bunker. I've never met him.

That's sweet that Jeremy gave his first talk as the big boy. I remember his talk at my farewell being like 2 minutes long. It was pretty funny. My little bro is growing up!!

Wow, I don't know what else to talk about. I didn't do anything this week. It has still been raining a lot and it really is a drag. The worst part is the roads that get really muddy and you can't walk anywhere and your pants get filthy when you do. Lately its been this start stop start stop stuff that never ends so you don't know if you'll get beat by the rain or not.

Last night we celebrated with Elder Baron by making Burritos. I made this huge bean stew thing with beans, beef, and chicken and we made our own tortillas with our flour. With it we had delicious Koolaid which made it wonderful. Then I crashed at about 8:30 last night.

I'm nervous for the transfer. Elder Haderlie most likely will go again. I have a good chance of training one of the 16 new Elders. Elder Agama is getting a new companion too. My whole world could change and I'm just sitting in the

I'm training! And Supposedly Elder Haderlie is training in the same apartment. I don't know which area I'll be in. Wow! It's over! I won't know who he is until Wednesday which stinks but whatever. Whoopee! Change! I'm happy too because I'm going to have to work my butt off! Whoo. OK. Another Son. Yes! Now I'll have two lines of posterity. My name will never die! I hope he is either a white guy or a Ghanain that can speak Fanti.

Ok, my time is up and I'm staying in Kojokrom hopefully. I love you all!

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment