Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, August 22, 2011

6 Weeks And Counting

Dear Family,

Today Elder Lehr went to the eternal RM grave along with many of my friends and most of the Obruni's in the mission. We will miss them but we are happy they are gone. Today everyone who was in the mission when I came is now dead and gone and we are the seniors. Exactly six weeks from today I will be on my way to the mission home.

As for the itinerary, I have no clue what's going on. I can give Sister Shulz a call tonight and see what's up. Maybe they're getting ready to extend my mission for six months on account of my exceeding spirituality and deep conviction for the work. Maybe they just forgot to send it. They are all very new in the office. Don't worry though I'm coming home and that's all that matters.

As for the malaria don't worry I'm on it. I'm in the net and I'm taking the doxy. My companion died of malaria but Elder Jeppesen's compa had some sickness that didn't kill him till after he was sent home. I'm doing everything I can not to get it again. Four times was enough.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! As for mine it was uneventful. I was given one freaking sweet gift by Porcha but I can't tell you what it is cause it would give yours away. I'm sure it took forever though. I don't think more hard work has ever gone into a birthday present I've received. Other then that we ate twinky's and I scared the crap out of a few people with some party poppers Elder Baron left me. I'm passed it now though and I'm moving forward.

As for the work it is moving forward. Elder Rogers is coming down to Cape to be a zone leader and my grandson is now training. That means I have two sons, a grandson, and a great grandson. Impressive for a missionary who is still alive. Rogers told me that a guy named Michael that we started teaching just got baptized and that two of our recent converts are preparing for missions. We are experiencing some opposition now but I'm confident that everything will work out for the best even if I'm not here to see it. I intend to sprint to the finish and come home knowing I did my best.

Well my companion isn't doing anything so I'm going to go. I love you all and wish you the best.

Elder Harris
ZOOMLION/WHITE TIGER

TICK TICK BOOM- THE HIVES: look it up;)

No comments:

Post a Comment