Elder Harris, Portia and Gordella

Monday, March 8, 2010

NEW GOAL

Dear Family,

So I didn't get an email today... I'm not sure if that's on purpose or you don't have my new email which is arharris@myldsmail.net

Nothing much going on here in Kumasi. I've had malaria since Thursday and I'm still recovering. I've been in bed since then. The entire mission completed the last goal a week early! I'm not sure if I even realise just how amazing that really is for Everyone to bring back a less active then baptise their friend. I'm very gratefull to the Lord for helping us accomplish the impossible.

We now have a new goal: Everyone in the mission will baptize a family. I think President Sabey wants those of us who weren't here for the original goals to have the experience of completing them so he's starting over. What I didn't know about the first goal was that as the goal was coming to an end with only three weeks left, only 6 out of 40 companionships had baptized a family. They knew they weren't going to finish the goal, but the Lord has a funny way of teaching us lessons. All 36 companionships completed the goal in just three weeks. I know we'll be able to finish this goal and the Lord will help us as we try our hardest.

So I wrote you all letters that are coming, I hope to hear from you next week:)

Love Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment